In my opinion, perfectly horrible customer service. I've had the same safe deposit box for about 30 years.

At first this was at a bank that Citizens Bank took over. Then it has been citizens for maybe 20 years. However, I now have three boxes there. Out of the blue I got a notice that they were going to drill one of the boxes because I had not paid some $10 fee.

Prior to that notice I had no awareness of any such fee, as far as my memory goes. So I sent a check on December 18th. I have no idea whether I actually owed the $10 but I figured I'd better bow down to them or maybe never see what's in the safe deposit boxes again. On December 22nd I was told that the check is not cleared and that therefore I would not be allowed access to that safe deposit box.

I offered cash but that wouldn't do it for some BS bureaucratic reason. This, again, after 30 years of owning one of the three and maybe 20 years of owning the other two; that's how far they trusted me. Made for a nice Christmas for the kiddo I wanted to get a familial heritage item for. She was expecting it.

Thanks Citizens Bank. You suck.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Dec 22, 2017.

Comments

Something is missing from this story.